The school has a well-resourced library with a variety of periodicals, journals, magazines, newsletters, fiction, reference books and volumes of encyclopedias. Students are encouraged to use the library for reading, creative writing, book reviews and projects. The school offers an integrated reading programme which focuses on phonetics for pre-primary levels and classics for all levels. This builds on the literary competency of the learners.
- The students, faculty, and staff of AJPS share the responsibility of maintaining an environment which allows the library to serve the needs of all.
- Patrons are expected to maintain a quiet and courteous atmosphere and to respect the rules of the school as well as those specific to the library.
- Students, who fail to comply with rules in the library, will be given a verbal warning. If it is during regular class time and the misbehavior continues, the student will be sent to the class teacher. If this occurs during recess, the student will be asked to leave. Severe disturbance or repeated offenses will be dealt with by the Principal. Parents will be notified about the student’s behavior.
- A library card is issued to every student when the student joins the school.
- This card is to be maintained through his stint in the school and needs to be returned before every vacation commences.
- In case of loss or damage, the library card is replaced at a cost of Rs 25/-
- Students are permitted to borrow only 1 book for a period of one week
- Book may be renewed unless requested by another person or if the patron has overdue books.
- All books borrowed by students have to be returned before any vacation.
- Issue of books will cease 10 days prior to any long holidays.
Sub-Lending Of Borrowed Books
Sub-lending of books borrowed from the Library is not permissible. They may get spoiled, damaged or lost while in somebody else’s possession and may result in their late return, thereby entailing a fine for you.
Loss of or Damage to Books
Loss or damage to a book shall have to be made good by the borrower. You will be required to replace the book with a new copy of the same title and latest edition. In case you are unable to procure the same from the market, you may be allowed to pay the current price of the book as ascertained from the publisher’s cataloger.
Reservation of Books
Members are allowed to make reservation for any book they need. A formal Reservation Slip should be filled in and handed over to the Librarian. Members will be informed of the availability of the book when it is returned by the other member.
Recall of Issued Books
Sometimes there may be a heavy demand for a book which has been borrowed by you. The Librarian then can request the return of the same for the use of others.
Susupension & Privileges
- If any student is found removing Library property without formal permission, his/her membership privileges may be suspended for some time.
- If any student is found not abiding by the library’s code of conduct, his/her membership privileges may be suspended.